1. A loss and absence of the sense that God is against us.
2. A loss of the fear of God, while a sense of awe remains.
3. A feeling and a sense that God is for us and that God loves us.
4. A sense of sins forgiven.
5. A sense of gratitude and thanksgiving to God.
6. An increasing hatred of sin.
7. A desire to please God and to live a good life because of what He has done for us.
8. A desire to know Him better and to draw closer to Him.
9. A conscious regret that our love to Him is so poor, along with a desire to love Him more.
10. A delight in hearing these things and in hearing about Him.
– from D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones (1899-1981)